Lunch at The Centers
The COA is now serving lunch at the centers. We are also providing takeout lunches. If you would like to order a lunch “To Go” you must call the COA or sign up online 24 hours in advance. We also have kiosks at both our centers where you can make lunch reservations.
The Restaurant Program is an extension of our congregate meal site. It allows our COA members to get vouchers or tickets for participating restaurants. This allows our seniors a choice of where they eat, what they eat and when they eat, but more importantly, it gives them the opportunity to eat out – to not eat at home alone. COA members can pick up the tickets or vouchers at our Sturgis Enrichment Center or our Rivers Enrichment Center. Tickets can be obtained for a suggested donation of $4.00 per ticket. This program is not only beneficial to our seniors by giving them the opportunity to eat at a restaurant of their choice, but the restaurants also benefit from getting more customers into their establishments. Each year, more than $250,000 is re-invested back into our community through our local restaurant owners.
A complete list of the Restaurant Program guidelines and participating restaurants can be found below. Because restaurants occasionally change their hours of operation, if you are not sure if the restaurant you want to eat is open, please call ahead.
- Shopping for good food
- Test your salt savvy
- Reducing the size of recipes
- Microwave tip sheet
- Know your fats
- Healthy snacking
- Budget eating
- Check your medicines
- Communicating better with health professionals
- Cooking for 1 or 2
- A key to choosing healthful foods
- Sponge safety
- Drinking enough fluids
- Eat right when money is tight
- Getting fit for life
The Royal Café
701 E. Main Street
105 E. State Street
138 E. Water Street
American Legion Post 223
65079 US Highway 131 N
Sunday: 7am – 10:30am
A Family Affair
148 W. Main Street
918 W. Chicago Road
American Legion Post 73
500 W. Chicago Road
First and Third Sunday:
8am – 11am
Detroit Coney Island
69825 S. Centreville Road
Mr. B’s Dairy Bar
403 6th Street
Main Street Café
13 N. Main Street
American Legion Post 170
59990 S. Main Street
Friday: 4pm – 7pm
The Country Table
714 W. Chicago Road
Senior Congregate Restaurant Program Guidelines
Coupons are available at: Three Rivers, Sturgis and Klines Resort meal sites
Phone: (269) 279-8083 or (800) 641-9899
Recommended Donation per Ticket: $4.00 (Good for any meal)
Contact Person: Katie Hughes – COA Nutrition Director
- Intake Form must be filled out at time of acquisition, or must present current COA
- Coupons must be signed when used at restaurant.
- You must be 60 years of age to participate, or married to a registered eligible person.
- Present your coupon to your server at time of ordering.
- You cannot share tickets with others.
- You must order from the special COA menu. No Substitutions.
- No “Carry Out”, Delivery or “To Go” orders; Meals must be consumed at restaurant.
- Restaurants, at their own discretion, have the option to offer clients “doggie bags” for
leftovers that are not consumed. The restaurant may not charge the client or COA for this
container. The restaurant assumes liability for food safety (through abiding by the regulations
of the local health department) until the food leaves the premises, at which time the meal
recipient is liable for proper food handling and food safety. (Amended 5/26/2010)
- Coffee and other beverages are not included in the cost of your meal. This is extra.
- Tip is on your own, it is not included. Please tip on the actual cost of your meal – not the cost of the
- One person per ticket, meals cannot be shared.
- Tickets Expire 12/31 of the year purchased.